How to undo deleted time entry?

As the title said. Can you help me? Can’t find anything in the FAQ. Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to Clockify forum!

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to undo a deleted entry. But you can add time manually for any date in the past https://clockify.me/help/time-tracking/adding-time-manually

Cheers!

Would really be nice to have deleted items go into a quick recovery where we could recover items say, within 30 mins or even just a undo button that pops up with a 5-10 second delay to actually undo the delete. Or even just a recent edits log so we could recreate a recent deletion. The log could contain a users last 15 edits or something.

I just deleted time accidentally on my phone because when I was returned to the main screen, the entry I actually wanted to delete was still there and I have no idea what time I actually deleted. :confused: I think I must have miss scrolled with my finger right before I hit the 3 dots to bring up the delete option.

3 Likes

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

I will gladly forward this as a feature suggestion to the Product team so they can reconsider adding this option in the future upgrades of Clockify.

For this specific case, I can only suggest to see if you or your Admin has exported a report before you deleted the time entry, therefore you could find which one is currently missing from your hours.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

1 Like

I’ll second that. As I’m deleting previous days that I actually want deleted, when the screen reloads, it’s very prone to human error. When select the day in the position you’d just seen it, a different day is now in that location.

1 Like

@Rob_French Thanks for giving us more feedback regarding this case!

I will gladly add your vote for this feature and include your feedback within the feature suggestion for the Product team!

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional suggestions.

Cheers!

Hi,
I would also be very interested in this! In my case, there is no need to keep data of deleted items for too long, just maybe a few days or even only 24h. In my case it’s i often delete the wrong item, and then i have to re-create it and guess the times of the item, instead of just undo the deleted one.

Hi @manaroxane, thank you for your feedback!

I agree completely that this would be a very useful feature and I am adding your vote!

Feel free to contact us again at any point if you have any other suggestions.

Have a great day!

I would also like to add a vote to this.

Welcome to Clockify Forum @Brittni!

Thank you for your feedback, I have submitted your vote for this feature and forwarded it to Product team.

Cheers!

I also find the ability to restore from a backup or undelete would be necessary. I opened up the calendar and swiped across the screen and suddenly several days were gone. No way to restore these? Seriously? What do you tell employees that their work time is just lost? Better get a way to back up and immediately!

Hello Don, thank you for the feedback!

I understand how this would be useful as a feature to have, I will definitely add your vote!

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Cheers!

I just deleted an entry by mistake and I do not know how much time was spent on it.
This feature is important.

Hello Juan,

Thank you for joining Clockify forums!

I will happily add your vote for this feature suggestion. We still don’t have an ETA, unfortunately, but you can keep an eye on our Roadmap to be up to date with the upcoming features.

If you can’t make this a feature, at least space the edit and delete buttons further apart when I open entry’s menu. And PLEASE! make it so deletion must be confirmed. I just deleted days worth of tracking and because our employers tracking systems is horrible, I’ve used this as my backup so I can work out any mistakes the system makes…

Now it’s gone and I can’t recover it from memory since description has detailed information what and when I worked on…

Please?

Hello Mio,

Thanks for using the Clockify Forum!

I’ll make sure to add your vote for this feature as well.

Cheers!

If this feature is still in consideration and hasn’t been added to Clockify, please add my vote! =) Thanks David!

Hello Chris,

I have added your vote to the feature request to our Product team.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Thanks Aleksandar!

You too!