Feature Request - Better control on Overlapping time

Hello,
I’ll link here the original post from another user:

It would be nice to have more control over the overlapping time.
As per Jovana’s reply, it’s not possible to prevent it.

Is it possible, however, to have alerts when you create entries for the same time?
Or, eventually, is it possible to prevent the hour in excess from being counted in the total hours’ field?

Thanks in advance.

Gabb

Or how about marking overlapping time entries in red, or flag them somehow visually to point the user or reviewer to the issue? There are solutions in other applications, and this would be really needed.

@Alex Excellent idea! I updated the linked post above with my comments and a screenshot from Kimai that does just that, plus a mockup example of how it could look in Clockify.

Hi @Gabboz @Alex and @GoranW!
Welcome to Clockify forum.

For now, it would be possible only to adjust the duration of the entries, by changing start or end time for overlapping entries.

However, we have noted down your suggestions for marking the overlapped entries, and I have personally submitted both of the suggestions for our Product team, so they can consider it for future upgrades of Clockify.

In case you have any additional suggestions, you’re welcome to write us through our feedback from, which is later on reviewed directly by our Product team.

Hope this helps,
Cheers!