Allow cloning time entry from calendar view

I like to use the calendar view.

But if I’m working on something that spans my lunch hour, I need to create a new entry with exact same info in it, for the afternoon session.

Since you can drag entries around, the most intuitive way for me would be to hold down alt while dragging to create a clone and then be able to place it where I want.

Would this be possible?

Hi Leon, thank you for your feedback and welcome to Clockify Forum.
Please note that you can duplicate time entry from the Calendar page, if you click on it, and click on the small three dots at the bottom of the pop-up window that comes up.
However, please note that this will create a completely same time entry, with all the same details. So in your case, you will need to click on one of these time entries again and edit the hours.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

Hi Sara, thanks for the reply!

The current solutions works but consists of a number of steps:

1. Click on the task to open the modal
  2. Click the three dots
  3. Click duplicate
  4. Drag the event to a different time

The suggested user experience by OP is

1. Drag the event to a different time when holding down Alt key

I believe it will be a much smoother and better user experience. I have been having to repeatedly perform the 4 step process and would LOVE to save clicks and time : )

Thanks for reading my comment.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I have just now forwarded your suggestion to the team so they can review and consider it for future updates of the feature.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Cheers!

One option I’ve found that’s slightly fewer steps:

1. Click on the task to open the modal
  2. Enter the new/revised timing for the event
  3. Do not save; instead, click the three dots and select duplicate.

The original item is maintained, and a new one created with the new timing. (Just don’t forget to hit duplicate, or you’ll lose the original.)

The other option: When you come back from lunch, simply hit the ‘play’ button on the right side of the previous entry to resume it.

(This is using the Extension in Microsoft Edge; not sure how this might differ in the installable app or other OSes…)

This feature is already there! Click ‘Ctrl’ before you drag and drop and your entry will be duplicated.

1 Like