Two Way Sync? Help please

Hi Everyone,

Seeking some help and guidance on my goal/objective.

I would like to be able to create a new event/task in google calendar and it automatically update into clockify with the correct colors/categories/projects.

Right now, when I create a new event in google calendar, it does create an event in Clockify, BUT, it does not automatically apply the right categories/projects/colors, so I can track the time.

Is my objective of creating a new task and event in google calendar and automatically create the same event in clockify with the categories/projects/colors i want track time by?

Also what about vice versa, can I create the event in clockify with the categories/projects/colors and have it automatically sync to google calendar with the right categorie/projects/colors?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Simond,
Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately, our Google Calendar integration is only one-way, not two-way integration, meaning that the information can only be transferred from the Google calendar to the Clockify calendar but not the other way due to the Google calendar permissions.

For now, it would not be possible to automate the copying of the events as time entries and assigning them to responding projects.

If you wish, you can always suggest this as a feature by filling out our Feature suggestion form.

If there is anything else, feel free to reach us at support@clockify.me.

This would be a great feature to implement. Having a two-way sync with Google Calendar is really helpful for us. We use Clockify to schedule work for our employees but then we would have to manually add events in Google Calendar for everyone to book their calendars.

Hello Mikael,

I agree that would be a great option, so I wanted to add that Clockify recently launched a marketplace where users can develop their own add-ons for our products, and that will allow users to create integrations that could be useful!

You can check out the help page for the marketplace at this link: https://dev-docs.marketplace.cake.com/

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Hi Damjan,

Thanks for your reply. This is great but unfortunately I don’t have any programming skills so I surely cannot create any integrations myself :pensive:

Thankyou , its really helpful and solution solving .
loved it!