TimeLight: a system tray-based application for time tracking

Some time ago, I posted a topic about my Clockify project. Well, since then, it’s grown and expanded in ways I hadn’t expected it to. Due to those changes, I changed the name to TimeLight. Here’s a quick catchup post summarizing the application as it stands:

TimeLight is currently at version 2.0.0. It now features backends for both Clockify and TimeCamp. It allows you to start and stop time entries by clicking on an icon in your system tray on your desktop system (sorry, no mobile support!). You can select which workspace to track time on and configure default projects and task descriptions. Furthermore, it’s possible to configure the application to notify you when you’ve worked a full week’s time. If you are operating on a network with limited bandwidth or metered data usage, you can configure the application to refresh its data less often. Finally, it now comes with an easy-to-use Windows installer that makes setting the application up a snap. (macOS is untested, although it should be supported; Linux is supported, but the only way to install it is to use the AppImages which haven’t been tested extremely much, although they should work.)

Contributions and feedback are always welcome! You can get the code here or grab the application itself from the latest release here. If you aren’t sure whether to get the Qt 6.2.3 download or the Qt 6.3.0 download, just go with 6.3.0 (although it doesn’t really matter a whole lot).

And this afternoon, I released TimeLight 2.1.0 with a few new features: modifying running jobs, canceling jobs, and a developer tools window! You can get the release here.

TimeLight 2.2.0 has been released, bringing a Microsoft Teams integration to let you change your status in Teams when you start or stop Clockify!