Time entry not added to the Jira work log

Hello team,

This is my first time trying the integration between Jira & Clockify. I selected a project issue,

• Started the Clockify Timer
  • Did some work and few hours later came back
  • Changed the top row to something more meaningful, as by default it is the issue ID + name
  • Stopped the timer

As a result, the entry was successfully transfer over my Clockify account, however in my JIRA ticket no Work log entry was done. What went wrong?

Thank you and best regards.

P.S. I think I have found the issue. If I don’t change the text of the work log inside JIRA, it is logged. So, this to me looks like a bug.

Hi there!

This is a known issue and our team is working on resolving it ASAP, I apologize for the inconvenience.
We hope that it’ll be resolved soon.
Please contact us at support@clockify.me should you need any additional help at any time!

Kind regards and stay safe!

1 Like

Was there a resolution to this? I’ve just signed up for an account and this was the functionality I was hoping to use. I was able to add my api key and see the ticket in the clockify site. I started adding time however when i move back over to jira, im not seeing those new times I’ve added.

please help

Hi there,

Where were you adding that time? Entries get added in Jira work log only when you create them within the Jira issue.

Time entries you add in Clockify interface do not get added into Jira work log as the integration does not work that way. You can read a bit more on how the integration works here.

Please email us at support@clockify.me should you need any additional help on the matter.

Hey Stefan,

If the integration doesn’t work that way, then thats all I needed to know. thank you for the quick reply

You’re very welcome, it was my pleasure.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care!

Hello,
Same issues, still no solutions ? I need to put my time inside Clockify Browser but the time still not appear in JIRA logs. It will be very helpful to have a solution to that issue.
Thanks

Hi @Lepta! Welcome to Clockify Forum.

As we discussed earlier, only time entries that are added directly through Jira will be saved in the Jira work log.

Therefore, if the timer is stopped directly in Clockify browser app, this will not reflect in the Jira work log.

If you would like to find more about the flow with Worklog, please check here.

And in case you’re stopping each timer directly in Jira and worklog is not populating, please contact us directly at support@clockify.me and we will look into it.

Cheers!