Start a timer in advance (negative time)

The following belongs to the latest Mac App Update. It is no longer possible to start a timer in advance. Previously it was possible to start a Timer at 9:43 for 9:45. Since one of the latest updates it now says “Duration must be greater than zero seconds”.

In my opinion this is a huge issue. With this restriction I now have to wait until it’s 9:45 to actually start the timer for this time. This means I have to open Clockify twice and even have to think about this.

Please add an Option to force a negative duration, currently it’s just possible to accept this fact. So you added a “feature” wich makes the usage of the App more difficult.

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to address this in our account!

We hugely appreciate your feedback and also encourage you to let us know if there’s anything else you’d like to add about this or any other use case you intend to achieve.

If there’s anything, in particular, you’d like to achieve with the negative duration, please don’t hesitate to let me know more details about your flow.

Bear in mind that you can always contact our support by writing to support@clockify.me.
We’ll be more than happy to assist you!

In the meantime, note that you can always achieve to add the time proactively or in advance, by adding the time manually. A helpful reference for that can be found on this page, I hope it helps!

Kind Regards,

That doesn’t help because your suggestion assumes that I know how long the task will take. The convenience of the timer in advance was that I could finish one task and start the next one in advance. We always round the times up to 15 minutes, that’s the crucial factor.