Presets for recurring entries

Hi

During a day in the office, I do a lot of small and big tasks. Therefore, I have to log to a lot of different projects and tasks. If I compare multiple days, 80% of the time entries recure. I miss a possibility, to save presets (Project, Task, Tag, Comment, Duration) which I can use to start the time tracking including a shortcut for it.
To save more time, it would be awesome, if these presets would be available in the sidebar of macOS X and in the widget section on the iPhone and iPad. www.timeryapp.com has a nice solution for Toggl. They call it ā€œSaved Timersā€ and ā€œWidgetā€.

Welcome to the community, Michael!

We plan to add some kind of an autofill feature in the future. Itā€™s not exactly what youā€™re referring to, but it will make tracking time on recurring time entries much faster and easier.

1 Like

Hi Jovana

That sounds great. Iā€™m looking forward to it. :slight_smile:
Do you also thinks about a solution like a mentioned with presets/shortucs? :wink:

The idea for the autofill feature is to simply offer to autocomplete your time entry if you start typing the details of a time entry you already have (similarly to what Toggl does in their web app).

However, there are no plans to build an app for this, such as Timery app.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s sounds cool. Looking forward to it.
Or will you support Apple iOS Shortcut? That would allow me, to build my own shortcuts and automation :slight_smile: Or widgets for iOS and MacOS could also be a great solution. Just some ideas :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry for the late reply, Michael!

Currently, there are no plans for iOS shortcuts and macOS widget but we appreciate the suggestion, weā€™ll keep your idea in mind.

The overall concept of presets (ideally with keyboard shortcut!) is excellent and very needed. But please, for windows and android too! (between work and home I use mac os, ios, windows, and android. it gets confusing and frustrating when a given feature isnā€™t available on the device Iā€™m currently usingā€¦)

Many many thanks for a great product!!
Kim

Whatā€™s the status of creating recurring tasks / time entries? (e.g. daily meetings at the same time)

Hi @BrianRJohnson, welcome to Clockify Forum!

This feature is on our backlog, but we donā€™t have plans for implementing it yet. I will let you know if we decide to work on this feature in future.

Have a nice day!

Hello, the idea of a recurring entry for timesheets/calendar would really be a benefit to my team. Is there any movement on this project? Thanks!

Hi,

I am writing to support the above request for the implementation of a feature that would facilitate the selection of those projects/tasks that one uses frequently.

And, indeed, the best way in which to achieve this would be to have an icon sitting in the ā€˜menu barā€™ (this is for a macOS, in a winOS with would be an icon on the ā€˜task barā€™) that one could click to render visible a shortlist of the last e.g. 10 executed tasks (the number could be a user setting); one would then click on the task of interest, and this would automatically stop the time-tracking of the currently running task and start the time-tracking for the one just clicked.

I submitted a video to the ā€˜support teamā€™ illustrating the workings of the suggested feature (it is implemented in the very simply, yet precious, TimeTracker software by Ivan Dramaliev).

Cheers!

Rui