No idle time notification from Windows app

Hi,

I have Idle time detection enabled and set to 1 minute.

A few trial runs triggers no notification when I start activity again after more than 1 minute of Idle time.

I’ve restarted my machine since install and running Windows 10 Pro.

Help!

Thanks

Hello Bobbo,

Could you please check if you have the latest Windows app installed?

In order to get the newest one please follow this link.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue, please contact us at support@clockify.me, and we will try to help!

Cheers!

The idle time notification isn’t working for the windows app for me either (tested with the 1 minute time as OP). Windows 10 Pro, app version 1.7.1 for me.

Thanks.

Hello Dan,

Thank you for using Clockify Forum!

Could you please attempt to re-install the app and check if it’s still the same?

If this doesn’t resolve your issue, please contact us at support@clockify.me, and we will try to help!

Cheers!

I’ve only just started using Clockify, downloaded the latest desktop install from the site, and like the OP I am getting no idle time notifications on Windows 11. I have confirmed I have everything set properly in Preferences I am hoping to switch to Clockify from TogglTrack, but idle detection & notifications is a vital requirement for my work flow. I even tried running both TogglTrack and Clockify, and left device idle–TogglTrack notified me immediately on return, but Clockify did not detect anything.

Hello Cari,

Thanks for using Clockify Forum!

Could you please let me know if the notification for the idle time shows up after you stop the timer in the desktop app? After stopping the timer in the desktop app, a notification should pop up asking you what you would like to do with the idle time.

You can also reach out to support@clockify.me in case the notification does not pop up.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, indeed, it does pop up when I stop the timer. This was not the behavior I expected based on my experience with Toggl Tracker, so it didn’t occur to me I had to stop the timer first. Now I understand. Thank you.