Multiple currencies for Workspace

Hi there!

It would be nice if I could use multiple currencies in my Workspace and I could use different currencies by projects.

I know this comes with the currency exchange rating issue, but it can be a monthly based rating number what I can define for every month.

I use now HUF and EUR, but all currency show as HUF in summary and this can be confusing sometimes.

Thanks!

This is the feature I miss so much in Clockify. I’m using Toggl Track app right now, which is really similar to Clockify. The general purpose is exactly the same, the options are almost identical, the UI is almost the same, but it allows to set custom currency per project (that’s one of just a few differences I found).

I would like to switch from Toggl Track to Clockify. While Toggl Track provides the same functionalities as Clockify (plus the ability to set a custom currency for each project), its web app it’s a big laggy. There are some glitches from time to time. The general user experience of Clockify is much better than what Toggl Track provides.

I contacted Clockify support and found out per-project currencies are planned, but work on this feature not started yet. Looking forward to any news on this topic.

3 Likes

Definitely would love this feature, as I regularly bill in 3 different currencies. I wonder if any progress has been made on it…

3 Likes

Hi @netdjw, @darrarski and @TheClarityEditor, welcome to Clockify Forum!

We did decide to work on implementing multiple currency per client and this feature is on our Roadmap, which you can check out here.

However I can’t tell you the exact date when this feature will be implemented since there are a lot of other features with higher priority

Have a nice day!

4 Likes

This is great news, thanks for the update @Aleksandar_K! Looking forward to any hints on when should we expect it done.

I miss this feature soooo much, that’d be a gamerchanger here and would save me a lot of time!

1 Like

Hi @Jakub_Guzik, welcome to the Clockify Forum!

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll make sure to add a vote for this feature in your name.

Have a nice day!

Supporting multiple currencies seems like a simple and necessary feature for our use.

Any company of any reasonable size outside the USA will almost always need to handle multiple currencies. It’s a fact of business for almost all non-American companies and it’s a huge miss to not have it.

It seems most relevant for us regarding not only billable rates as well as expenses.

Expenses are a big one because with Canadian employees, a bulk of the travel and other expenses are in the US. We NEED to report these as US dollars. Having employees try to estimate the conversion rate and put them in CAD, but then submit receipts with USD on them makes the service worthless because we have to manually convert it back when report to accounting. It’s a poor situation to not support currency tags.

Hi @EricMatt,

Thanks for the feedback! I noted your this feature request and I will let you know when we start working on it.

Have a nice day!

Please add an upvote for this feature from me.

Because the multi-currency feature is missing I only use the app for time tracking and track my billables elsewhere by extracting the data. Would be good having it in one place.

Thank you for sharing your workflow with us @SteveA!

I have added your vote for multi-currency option, therefore our Product team will continue on finding the best way to include this with Clockify.

As my colleague Aleksandar mentioned, the feature is currently in planning phase, however we don’t have an ETA on when it will be live.

Feel free to follow our Roadmap to stay in touch with all upcoming updates on Clockify.

Cheers!

Hi there, I hope you’re all doing well :slight_smile:

I would really appreciate the multi currency function. Right now I’m switching between currencies while generating monthly reports for each project and it’s frustrating.

I’d love to see it work properly very soon.

1 Like

I REALLY need currency per client.
Without it, I can’t see accurate data on revenue for billed hours.

Looking forward to this.

1 Like

Hello there,

Thank you for the feedback!

The feature is still in the planning phase but I will definitely pass your votes to my team.

Cheers!