Locking Submited Timesheets

As an admin I would like to be able to have the option to enable/disable locking timesheets once they have been submitted for approval. Currently, the only way to do so is by locking timesheets submission at a certain time weekly, monthly… I would like to lock users from making changes after clicking on Submit for Approval.

Hi Jessica,

Kindly note that timesheets get locked once the submitted timesheet is approved. While they are submitted for approval they can be edited but those edits are visible on the pending tab of the approvals.
However, I noted this down and if other users suggest a similar request, we’ll definitely take it into consideration.

Thanks again for the thoughtful feedback!

Well same here, In my opinion it is more natural when user sends Timesheet to aproval it become locked till manager rejects it… or remain locked when approve…

And in subject of timesheets and approvals… it would be also very nice if manager could edit users timesheet in approval tab just as he can in Reports. It would be much faster to edit users hours there…

Just came accross this post and I have to agree with the time locking feature. On that same topic, I would find it extremely helpful if Admins received a notification when trying to edit an entry from a locked period.

For context, once I have run time reports for a certian period I go under Permissions and set the lock date. The idea is that we do not make changes that would affect the data in my report. It makes sense that Admins can still enter or edit time entries for dates earlier than the Locked Date (override the settings) but it would be helpful if a warning came up “You are making an entry for a period that has been Locked. Are you sure you want to proceed?”.

Really appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback and have been pleased with the ongoing improvements and additional features introduced on a regular basis. It has been great for our team to gradually review and add the various functions as they become available and we are finding Clockify to become an increasingly valuable resource for our architecture/engineering firm. We are hoping to make use of the scheduling feature in the coming months :slight_smile:

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for the kind words and your feedback, it’s always much appreciated!

I will fill out a feature request form for your feature suggestion and pass it over to the Team for review and possible implementation with future updates.

Cheers!