Incorrect Report Totals

Hello!

I’m hoping someone can help me understand some of the numbers I’m seeing in reports in Clockify. For some reason, project totals in reports and under the Projects tab don’t add up the way I would expect.

For example, one project I was examining had 8.01 total hours, with 6.70 billable hours. For an hourly rate of $35/hr, the report lists $234.39, but 35 x 6.70 should be $234.50. For some reason, a lot of my projects have that small discrepancy in the project totals, always less than $1. To throw in a little twist, the correct total is shown if I import this into an invoice, it just seems to show the wrong number on reports and in the Project tab.

My initial thought was that rounding settings were the issue, but I’ve tried different settings in that tab and it doesn’t change the output. Also, I have rounding unselected on the report.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
Andrew

Hello Andrew!

Are you by any chance using a different hourly rate on your workspace that could interfere with the standard hourly rate?
Also, could you please reach out to our support at support@clockify.me for additional help so our support can assist you further?

Cheers!

Yes, it just happened to me. When I add the same hours into bill.com, I get a lower amount due than on my Clockify time report. Same number of hours at the same rate. I checked it with a calculator and bill.com is correct; not Clockify.

Hey Kelli,

Would you mind contacting us at clockify@support.me so we can investigate the issue?

Cheers!

Thanks John,
Contacted support today.