Idle time and stopping the timer

I love clockify how it just tracks the time that I’m actually using my computer and I don’t have to remember to stop a timer.

I was wondering. I have my ‘Stop on Idle’ set to 5 mins. When Clockify detects that I’ve been idle for 5 mins it stops the timer, Great. But does it subtract those 5 minutes idle from the timer when it saves the segment between idle times?

And I just now realized that there is no “Stop timer if idle for XX mins”. It would be a nice feature then. It would help me have more accurate time sheets if an idle time duration was available.

UPdate: I’m using the Mac desktop app and I don’t bother with the chrome plugin. It would be nice to add the idle setting to the Mac app as well please.

Hi Greg,

When you’re idle and Clockify detects it, a notification box will pop up asking you if you want to

• Keep the inactive time in the current running timer
  • Discard the inactive time from the current running timer
  • Discard the inactive time from the current running timer, but create a new time entry for it

And if you choose to discard the inactive time from the current running timer, the timer will stop running and the time will be subtracted.

You will find more information on this feature on the macOS app here.

Cheers!