How to select language in Windows desktop application?

When I installed Clockify for Windows, the application started to use System Language, ignoring the language selected in my profile settings. I would like to select English language. How can I do this? Did not find anything related to language in registry or application folders.

Hi there,

Clockify desktop app will pick up System Language, as the System Language overrides the language selected on the Clockify web app. What I can suggest is changing the System Language to English, so it will reflect on the Clockify Desktop app.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Cheers!

So there is no way to change Clockify language without changing system language?

Hello,

Yes, the Clockify desktop application will always pick up the operating system’s language which means that if your PC is set to another language, Clockify will be translated into that language as well. Unfortunately, there isn’t an option to change that as per the current design.

Please note that you will have the option to set the preferred language if you’re using the web app in your browser.

Cheers!

1 Like

For me it would be enough to start app with some command that specifies app language.
For example, in Visual Studio Installer language also cannot be changed, but you can select language in cmd.
./vs_installer.exe --locale en-US
This will launch VS Installer with English language.

Hello again,

As for Clockify, that option is not available, however, I will forward your idea to our product team as a feature suggestion!
If you need any other help, feel free to reach out to our support at support@clockify.me

Cheers!

1 Like