How to create task in Time Tracker section?

On the Desktop Dashboard, under the “Time Tracker” section, on the top there’s the space where you start/stop clock counter:

What I want to do is to be able to create a NEW task here (without going to the Projects section on the right side) under an EXISTING project.

So for example, I should be able to type "ACME New Task Name@ProjectX, and create a new task under ProjectX (ProjectX being an existing project).

Right now, when I do that, I end up creating a NEW task with a NEW project (even though I tried to use the same name as an existing project).

That’s not what I want. I want to create a NEW task under an EXISTING project. It doesn’t sound like a big deal, but not having to go to the Projects section to create a task will make things go a lot faster and create less user friction.

Does this feature already exist? Thanks!

Hi, there! Welcome to the Clockify forum!

Currently, it’s only possible to create both, new project and a new task, but we do have plans to change that in the future. Stay with us to keep updated!

Hi there. I have a problem which is with the integration with asana. When I add hours, add to project etc. they appear in the project in Clockify as a “no task” and on the tracker I have the name of the task… but I can’t convert it into a task. I don’t get it - why tracker and tasks are separate and how can I create a task from the “tracker” (which is actually the asana task name that I want to be also the clockify task name). Thanks a lot