Have you ever experienced that some page on Clockify won’t open or is slower than usual?
In the majority of time, the cause of this could be stack of cache and cookies that are interfering with the ability of your browser to load fresh content on the pages.
In this article we are going to show you how to troubleshoot these issues on most used browsers.
On Windows browsers the easiest way to open the clear browsing data tab is by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete, while for MacOS users that would be Cmd + Shift + Delete.
Below, you will find steps for clearing on most popular browsers:
- Google Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click on More (three dots icon ).
- Click More tools → Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel.
- Click History → select Clear Recent History
- Next to Time range to clear, choose Everything from the drop-down menu, select Cache in the items list, make sure other items you want to keep are not selected and then click the OK button.
- Launch Safari browser on your Mac.
- Select Safari → Preferences
- Click the Privacy tab and select Manage Website Data
- Select a website that is listed, then click Remove. To remove all website data from Safari, click Remove All.
- Microsoft Edge
- In Edge, select more (Three horizontal dots in the upper right corner).
- Select Settings → Open Settings left-side menu → Privacy, search, and services.
- Select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
- Under Time range, choose a time range “All time”.
- Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.