Get time entries by client

Hi,

I was looking for a way to get time entries via the API while filtering by client, it looks like this is not possible, is that correct? I see that it’s possible to do by project, but this is not quite what I want.

I think I could work around it, but just seeing if the above is possible first.

Thanks

Hi Ned, welcome to Clockify Forum, and thank you for contacting us!

Kindly note that it is indeed possible to generate a report through API while filtering by the Client.
You can find an example of the request on our API documentation page under the Reports section.

Also, note that users(filter) has been selected as an example but it can be replaced with clients and client id.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply. I did see the report section, and I was able to generate reports by client there, which is great. However, I was looking into the idea of instead downloading all the time entries for each client, building a CSV file with the details I required, and then tagging those entries in Clockify as processed after. I don’t think it’s possible to add tags to entries via the reports API after downloading the reports.

Does the above make sense?

I think I could do this by downloading a list of projects and clients, and then keeping that list so that I could later associate each time entry with a client by the project id.

I think for the time being it may take more work than it’s worth… I just thought it might be a bit easier if the client id was available when downloading the time entries.

Thanks for your help, let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Cheers