Feature request: tracking limits

We are working with freelancers that have a contractual weekly limit of hours they can track / they get paid. Clockify works well for us to collect the time sheets, but without a strict limit on how many hours can be tracked, we can’t fully automate the invoicing and approval process. We already send reminders, but it doesn’t strictly stop freelancers from tracking more time than they should.

So the feature request is:

• Administrators: Define optional limits in a given time interval per project member (for us it’s weekly)
  • Users: Show a warning if they are close to the limit (e.g. only 1 hour remaining)
  • Users: Stop the tracker and don’t allow adding additional time when the limit was hit

I like this idea! :+1:

1 Like

I vote this feature too :+1:

1 Like

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will gladly forward this suggestion to our Product team so they can reconsider it for future upgrades of Clockify.

As you mentioned, the only workaround I would suggest for now is to use Reminders via emails.

Cheers!

Yes this would be extremely helpful for so many reasons

@Clockify is there any update on this?

Hi @Ed_V welcome to Clockify Forum! This feature is currently in our backlog. We will let you know as soon as it gets on our roadmap.

I also like this idea

having this feature is really really helpful, especially for someone like me who often forgets to check the time.

1 Like

Hi @Jireh_Lacson, welcome to Clockify Forum!

Thanks for the feedback! I added a vote in your name for this feature and will add a comment here if we decide to start working on it.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Yup would be nice. We have accrued and max on out PTO. So we need to be able to cap those at the max.

I really would love to see this feature as well. I have limits on my monthly hours I can submit and knowing when I’m close to that would be amazing.