Default Project

Hi there!

I’m using the free version for tracking personal projects and studying. Hence, I only ever use one project called “Todo”. I use trello too and that’s what the board is called, I have everything in it and do not want to divide things into multiple boards.

I would wish for a way to set up a default project. Currently, whenever I start a task from somewhere else than trello, ie. from the top of a google sheet/doc I’m working on, I need to separately choose the todo project for them to be able to save the log in question.

Or is this already an option in the paid version?

Thanks in advance,

• Teemu
1 Like

Hi Teemu!

Welcome to the Clockify forum :slight_smile:

Our browser extension actually has a default project feature so you can set up your default project in the settings and if you track time via any of our integrations (trello, gsuite, etc.) it will select this project automatically.

Here’s are more detailed instructions.
The best of all, it’s available on the free version!

1 Like

This seems like a forced feature, we don’t have to install additional extension in our browser to have this simple functionality.

Hi,

I tried this but didn’t solved what I wanted.

When I start a new week, I want to have a project already set. I work on long projects, usually years, so it would be a handy simplification.

How can I do that?

Regards
Bjorn

Hi there,

If every week you need to have the same projects showing on your timesheet you can check out our “Timesheets Templates”. You would have the option to copy last week or to create a weekly template with all projects that you use on a weekly basis and activate it to get your new weekly timesheet quickly populated. You can learn more about it here.

I hope that helps!

11 months later and it still doesn’t exist. It would be very useful if we can select ON WEB app which project is default. It would make things very faster, as Clockify is not so fast, mostly when loading projects.

Any update here? Kinda weird that this functionality is missing in the clockify app but is available in the browser addon. I’m mainly using the app :slight_smile:

Hello @Thiago_Braga and @fynwizz!

Unfortunately, there are no plans to add this feature in the near future. I’m sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news!
I will, however, gladly add your votes for that feature request, for our development team to consider when it comes to deciding which features to implement in future releases.

Cheers!

I wish to underscore that this is a perfect example of lousy stewardship of software and the craft.

The feature exists either as a field in the DB (and therefore API) or, rather than add that field, stuff it in a cookie.

As a professional software developer with over two decades of experience, I would like someone with any technical acumen to explain the scenario.

Otherwise, I call BS.

Browser extensions versus websites regarding the domain, namespace, ACL, and XSS are quite similar.

To “ask” a user to place MORE bloatware on a browser is inconsiderate, idiotic, and the dictate of a poorly run product.

I have one role, same project, yet my time entry is 4x now because this feature does not exist as my employer has added project categorization. You are pissing off developers like mad, trust me.

Do you know what feels great? To be wrong, please lay that feeling on me. I want to be wrong.

And no, favorites do nothing to help.

PS: Condolences on having to use NG. I would rather cut off my fingers.

Hi there,

Thank you for your honest and direct feedback.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re not satisfied with the current features available on the web version.
I personally forwarded your feedback to the team in charge of future development.
As they consider adding features by demand of our millions of users, I also added your vote for this feature.
Unfortunately, there is no technical explanation I can provide you with, as the reason for the feature missing on the web version is due to it not being requested by many users so far and the Project favorites feature that offers projects you marked as favorites at the top of the list of project picker.

I hope existing features can help your workflow and I thank you in advance for your understanding regarding this matter.

Hope you have an enjoyable and productive day ahead!

This feature is listed in Clockify Help here:

But I do not see the option to Copy Last Week or Save as Template when starting a new pay period.
Why not?

Hi @johnasb,

Could you tell me if you have selected the Weekly, Semi-monthly or Monthly approval period in your workspace settings?
Please note that this is possible only with the Weekly approval period.

Cheers!

Semi-monthly period.

Is there a reason why it has not been enabled for all period lengths?

Guess there is no good reason then :upside_down_face:

Hi @johnasb,

Sorry for the delay in replying!

The semi-monthly and monthly approval periods are relatively new features - until recently, weekly timesheets were the only ones available. Some of the functionalities that are available for Weeks are not yet available for bi-weekly and monthly periods. I will happily add your vote for this feature suggestion so that our team is aware that the feature is desired by our users.

I am not able to give you an ETA, unfortunately, but I will certainly bring it up with the team.