Clockify crashing after upgrade

After I updated clockify it keeps crashing when I open. I am running mac os big sur 11.7.6

Hello Dave,

Thank you for using Clockify Forum!

The Team has released a new 2.9.12. version of the Mac app today. Would you mind updating to that one and letting us know if the issue persists?

If it does, please reach out to us at support@clockify.me so we can troubleshoot this a bit further.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello, I downloaded clockify from site and installed and replaced current install. It still crashed pretty fast after I open it.

1 Like

Hello Dave,

Appreciate you testing this. Would you mind reaching out to us at support@clockify.me so we can troubleshoot this a bit further?

Cheers,

I’m having this same issue. Deleting and re-downloading the app from Clockify’s website hasn’t fixed the automatic crashing either.

1 Like

Same thing happening here. I just updated the app to 2.9.12 for Mac desktop and now it crashes every single time I open it.

So i ended up deleting clockify and downloading it thought the app store. the web site download was breaking every time but the downloading form the app store worked =)

2 Likes

So i ended up deleting clockify and downloading it thought the app store. the web site download was breaking every time but the downloading form the app store worked =)

Just tried it and it seems to have worked. At least for now. :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

I tried this and still crashing? (Clockify 2.9.13 Mac OS Big Sur)

Hello,

Appreciate you reporting this. In case you have downloaded the app from the Clockify website, would you mind deleting the app, downloading the app from the App store, and installing it just to see if that makes any difference?

If the installed version is from the App store, just attempt to delete it and install the one from the Clockify website.

If this does not help, please reach out to us at support@clockify.me.

Cheers!

Hello, I have the same problem. Now uninstalled and reinstalled from the site. It still fails. I have sent the file with the error to the support service.

1 Like

Same issue for me. Using MacOS 10.15 with clockify 2.9.13 installed via homebrew and then also directly from the website. Installing from the App Store it works again, but the issue is the App Store version of the clockify Desktop app doesn’t have the Autotracker which I use a lot. Please help!

Hi @monis, @roodootoo.

Would you be able to try the following, to see if it is helpful:

1. open to terminal and type:
    defaults delete coing.ClockifyDesktop

2. go to these two locations and delete everything from those folders:
    file:///Users/{nameOFComputer}/Library/Application Support/coing.ClockifyDesktop/default.realm

file:///Users/{nameOFComputer}/Library/Application Support/Clockify Desktop

Then download the app again and install the latest version.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

Thanks for the trick, but didn’t work for me. Still getting same launch crash after installing via homebrew.

Thank you for trying that, @monis

Could you reach out to us at support@clockify.me, with the app version you are using, as well as your OS version, and our team will look into this more deeply?

Cheers.