Biweek / fortnight / custom timesheets

I’m used to submitting biweekly timesheets on my work platform (that then connects to several clients, it’s a huge platform but I don’t think I need to mention names publicly :). Also, a personal client is used to send out payments twice a month, so we got to submit timesheets every 15th and last day of the month.

I see the timesheet entry system only allows seeing one fixed week each time - while the date picker still allows you to select random day blocks. It would be awesome to be able to set custom timesheet periods for a client/workspace, or at least more extended periods (like the report datepicker allows).

Hi, Igor! Welcome to Clockify forum!

Currently, we don’t have plans to change the time range for timesheets, but it’s helpful to hear what you really need. Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

I second this request. Our company is considering moving to (paid) Clockify from Kimai v1, and while Kimai has some drawbacks it at least has the ability to view custom date ranges in a Timesheet, at least up to a full month (which is what we use for reporting). Also, I find it a bit inconsistent to be able to select a custom time-interval which is then always modified to a single full week.

A monthly view for timesheet data entry would be much easier for most contractors working long term contracts which are typically billing on a monthly basis.

Hi @13022307CanadaInc, welcome to Clockify Forum!

Thanks for the feedback! I have noted your feature suggestion and will let you know if we have any questions.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I don’t see this new option for Approval …FYI: I am currently using the Free Trial for PRO edition

…sorry I was responding to Alelsander’s email:

I got REALLY confused with what’s happening here… Was that a DM of sorts? I opened the link to see if I missed something (details below) and his message wasn’t here. I wonder if it got deleted?

So… what did I miss? I honestly don’t understand how this ended up being related to Approvals, since the main idea was related to the view the employee has of his own hours - be it in the timesheet or reports…

Hi @13022307CanadaInc and @igorsantos07,

So sorry for the confusion.

I was excited to announce that the feature is live but at this moment is still in the testing phase, my mistake. We do however expect it to be live soon and I will personally let you know when that happens.

This feature is going to be part of the Approvals feature since people will be able to submit their hours on the Weekly, Semi-monthly, and Monthly periods.

Hello @igorsantos07, @13022307CanadaInc and @GoranW,

I would like to inform you that this feature is live. When you enable the Approval feature, you will be able to choose whether you want to view your time on a weekly, semi-monthly or monthly basis.

Have a nice day!

Ok, so you ended up bundling semi-monthly/custom timesheets/reports into… Approvals? I still don’t get how’s that related to the original request.

I was expecting this to show up in the date-picker for the Reports. If there’s now an understanding of “semi-monthly” payments, this should be available on the reports as well.

1 Like

Hi @igorsantos07,

Thanks for the feedback on this feature. I noted down that you’d like to have a custom date range and for it to not the connected with Approvals

Have a nice day!