Autotracker Merge Add makes less working time

When I’m working I constantly switch between apps and windows, and end app with my tracker looking like a barcode but with 0 idle time. Upon merge adding my entries I end up with less work time than actually spent. Say, I’ve worked for an hour 12pm to 1pm, but time entries sums up to 40minutes 12 pm to 12:40pm. Tracking manually gives more precise outlook on my work, but I would really love to get the full advantage of auto tracking. Is there anything I can do?

Hi Kate, welcome to the Clockify forum.

You can perhaps consider lowering the amount of time spent on the site before the auto tracker starts tracking that site (You can change that by clicking on the cog icon in the top right corner of the auto tracker).

Hope this helps, cheers!

I have set minimal track time to 5 seconds. This doesn’t help at all.
So even though I’m actively working my end result is cut by about 20%.
I need to open different tabs, do quick searches, pull up several different apps and use them in order to work. However Clockify only considers it uninterrupted work if I’m staying within a single app.

Thank you for sharing more details with us Kate.

You’re right, if switching between tabs lasts shorter then 5 seconds, then autotracker wouldn’t succeed to catch all of the activities.

I understand how this could be helpful for you, therefore I have gathered all details and submitted a feature request for our Product team, so they can consider -all time autotracking- feature in the future.

While I can not make any promises, I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Feel free to let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

Cheers!

Hi, just wanted to join Kate on this. I have the same problem and it would be wonderful to have it solved. :slight_smile:

Hi @Berenika_Jakoubkova. Welcome to Clockify Forum!

I understand the workflow completely, therefore I have added your vote for option to select lower time span for collecting activities through the Auto tracker.

If there’s anything else you would like to share with us, feel free to let me know.

Cheers!