Auto Tracker

Enable auto-tracker and let Clockify track your computer activity so you can create time entries based on time spend in apps.

Download new Mac desktop app

autotracker

How it works:

• The app tracks when each app is active and for how long
  • You can create time entries in Clockify from those logged
  • Logs are available only on your own computer (unless you create entries from them)

Learn more

This feature is currently in active development and open for feedback.

Let us know about your workflow and needs so we can improve it further!

1 Like

Been using autotracker and it seems very promising. However it seems to not detect any adobe software?

That’s strange, it should be able to detect it. If you’re having any issues please write to support@clockify.me and let us know the details so we can look into it.

This is very useful. I have used for a week, but when will see this feature in Windows?

Glad to hear you find it useful!

We would like to have this feature in the Win app as well, but there is no ETA on this yet.

Unfortunately, our Win app is a little behind our other apps and as soon as our backlog clears up a bit we’ll start working on improving it.

Loving this auto tracker — is there any way to get window titles.

So say I’m in Illustrator, to get the file name across the top of the windows? At the moment it just says no description.

Glad you enjoy the autotracker!

Unfortunately, we’re not getting the file name information and such details from the system itself.

The timeline isn’t a very useful report, because it doesn’t aggregate by category.

I’d like to see a report where I can see all time spent in a certain category. You have categories in the timeline, but it’s not aggregated over a time period. Like “Productivity”, “Entertainment”.

If you can’t do category, then at least create a report where all activity over a period of time is collected by application name: Chrome, Safari, Messages, VS Code, etc.

Thanks for the feedback! The timeline is not meant to be a “report” per se, it is intended to give users a better overview of what time of the day they are most active and where are the gaps in their work.

We do plan to add some sort of chart in the future that would show in aggregate where they spend most of their time, so we appreciate the suggestion.

Someone please help! I logged 12 hours + today using the Auto Tracker, while I was confirming times to my clockify the app locked up. I had to force quit, when I re-opened the app all of my auto tracking data was gone! What’s the point of having the date range filter it doesn’t save anything once you close it. I am desperate to get this data recovered, my job literally depends on it.

Hi Rebecca. I understand the frustration, it’s definitely troublesome when you have to force quit an app. If you normally close the app (without logging out) the autotracker data will remain saved, however if you force close the app the newly tracked data will not be saved and it is not possible to recover it.

Our development team is currently working on improving this function, so if the app has to be force closed the data that autotracker collected will remain after relaunch and this will prevent the same issue happening in the future.

If it helps, you can manually add time to your timesheet, here’s how.

Hi folks,

This auto tracker is really awesome. It’s exactly what I need as I hate having to manually set timers.

However, it seems to just show “no description” for most apps other than web browsers.

I’m currently using Timely, but I hope to switch to clockify. However, I’d need the auto tracker to show me the document name of what I’m working on in each app, for each entry for this to become practical.

For me, the apps I need to see some description for include Logic Pro X, Slack, Mail, Finder, Spotify, Ableton Live, Messages, Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo and Numbers.

There must be a way for the auto tracker to get this information because it’s available to me in Timely.

When will this feature be available for Windows / Android ?

Great news, Auto Tracker is now available for both Windows and Linux!

Just download the latest desktop app (Windows, Linux), click on the A icon at the top, and start recording.

Learn more

1 Like

Thanks for the autotrack feature, it is extremely useful! I’m wondering if it is possible to add a parameter where you can set the allowed amount of inactivity (away from keyboard etc.) after which the timer would stop? Right now if I open some software and leave it opened while being away from computer, it still counts the time as if I was continue working all this time.

Thank you!

Hi, thanks for using ClockifyForum. This isn’t currently available, but it does sound like an interesting idea, we will note it down. Thanks!

Hi, I like the feature. Is there any possibility to group entries for the same app name?

Having an issue with the auto tracker in windows with Manual Entries turned off.

Get the error: “Manual time tracking disabled on ‘XXXXXXX’ workspace. Creating time entry with ‘end’ value is not allowed”

I’m also not able to group time entries as per this document: Auto tracker – Clockify Help

Hi Kevin, thank yo for using the Clockify forum.

In order to troubleshoot this easier, would you mind sending a screenshot of the error to our Support team at this email address support@clockify.me

Also, a version of the Clockify app would be great. They’ll be more than happy to help.

Auto tracking is a life saver :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m using to record activities via the Windows App. But i’m unable to bulk add time entries to respective projects and clients. I can see that feature in the documentation but i can’t find the option to bulk select activities and assign respective projects and clients to it.

Please advise if i have misunderstood it or missing something.
Thanks in advance.