Auto Tracker Data

I’m just now trying out Auto Tracker, and it seems to have a lot of potential. The instructions said the data is stored locally and retained for one week. Is there some way to export this data to a CSV file, or am I simply overlooking the place to do that?

Thanks! Doug

Hi Doug and welcome to Clockify Forum!

It’s only possible to export entries in CSV from the Reports page of the web app.

So you would first need to create entries out of activities. You can do that by clicking on the + sign next to an activity. There’s a bulk add option too.

Once you finish creating entries, log in to the web app and export e.g. a Detailed report in CSV.

Hope that it helps.

Thanks,

I have a “workable” solution using copy & paste. I was hopeful I could track my entire day and without cluttering the report area with mundane activities. My goal is to look at my time utilization focus.

Doug

An update. So I updated to version 1.5.0 and you took away the ability to copy & paste using my mouse. I can’t even grab any autotracker data now. Is there someplace on my hard drive where I can locate this information?

Unfortunately, there is no human-readable file where we will be able to copy/paste the activities the auto-tracker captured. However, it is possible to just click on the activity in the Auto tracker and press CTRL+C to copy the activity and then we can paste it in some other file.

I will include a gif recording for reference. Please note that it is not possible to visualize pressing CTRL+C.

I hope this helps.

auto-tracker-copy-paste

Hi there,

I’m using the Ctrl+C method to get data from the Autotracker record, but it does not copy values from the “App name” column.

Is there a possibility of getting also App name when it copies records?

Clockify Version 1.7.81
Windows 11 Pro

Is there an update for this? I’d be happy to pay for some of the subscription tiers if needs be.

Ideally, I would be able to either export all the data somehow, or have it more meaningfully integrated in the app/reports. For instance, it’d be awesome to 1) associate tracker data with a project or a log and 2) have dashboards based on that (e.g. time spent per app/per project/per client/per tag and other combos of that sort).

Hi there,
Welcome to Clockify forum!

At the moment Auto tracker data can only be read with the Clockify app I’m afraid.
However, I will add your vote for that feature request rest assured.

Have a nice day ahead!