Are sub-tasks possible?

Hi,

I’m considering Clockify for time recording in my organisation. Our existing system can use the structure:

Client > Project > Task > Sub-task > sub-sub-task etc. but Clockify seems to be limited to:
Client > Project > Task

Is that correct and if so, has adding additional task hierarchy been considered as a feature?

Thanks,
Richard

Hi @Falcon, welcome to Clockify Forum!

Unfortunately, Clockify doesn’t support subtasks. However, I have noted down your suggestion, however currently we don’t have plans for adding more hierarchical levels.

If we decide to develop this feature, I will let you know

Have a nice day!

Hi @Aleksandar_K,

Subtask is really a great feature that is missing in Clockify.
It’s really hard to manage large project without this features.

Do you have any news on this subjet ?

Thanks
Nicolas

Hey @Nicolas_Bastien ,

At the moment we do not have the update on this features implementation.

There are certain workarounds that could help, however if every task has its own tasks that differs one from another, the workaround wouldn’t work.

The workaround would include the usage of our Custom fields which can be filtered in the reports afterwards but these Custom fields are set on the level of project (all tasks would have same options) and Team members are offered to fill in this part while creating the time entry.

Hi @Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer.
Custom field is really not focus on the same goal right now, as it’s made to be completed when time tracking.

What could work would be custom field but settings on task directly. So we would be able to position each task on the corresponding part or budget.

Do you think it’s possible ?

Thanks
Nicolas

Hello Nicholas,

With the current design of the app, the custom fields can not be assigned to tasks to create sub-tasks, they are mostly attached to entries, with the option to have them in the project settings for someone to populate the meta-data needed.

Tags can also work as sub-tasks, another option for additional categorization, but they are also attached to entries.

Kind regards,