Apply Template to existing project to ADD tasks

Having the option to assign a project template when uploading project names and client assignments would make scaling up 150% easier

This is especially useful when syncing clients and projects from QuickBooks. Clockify creates the client and project but there’s no way to apply a template to the project that’s been created. That leads to an inefficient process of adding the same tasks to each new project.

Hi @lucidate, and @rbotts, welcome to Clockify Forum!

Thanks for the feedback. I noted your suggestion. I will let you know if we decide to start working on this feature.

Have a nice day!

1 Like

I am searching for this same feature and I am not sure if I missed something. I added 50+ projects and then realized that I cannot apply a template to an existing project. Now I have to go into each project and add 37 tasks manually? I thought as a workaround I can delete the 50+ projects and start all over, so I can use the template, but I am unable to delete a project - only archive. Please help!

1 Like

Hi @lara, welcome to Clockify Forum!

I added a vote for this feature and will write a comment here if we decide to start working on it.

Regarding your problem, before you delete your projects, you have to archive them first. After you archive your projects, you can filter only archived projects so that you can delete them afterward.

I wonder if there was any further discussion on this, the forum isn’t that widely used, so voting will likely not grow, but the feature is really needed. I am about to upload 380 projects and will have to add the template manually to each, that will be incredibly time consuming. Even adding Templates to the bulk edit feature will help.

1 Like

Hi @rbotts,

Thank you so much for checking on this and for sharing your idea.
At the moment, we don’t have any updates for this feature. We have added it to our backlog. However, there are features with a higher priority that we are working on, so we haven’t gotten around to starting working on this one just yet.

I will add your vote and let you know if we decide to start working on it.

Have a great day!

Hi, I’m just wondering if this has been considered again? If it is still on the list of possible updated features please could you add my vote. I agree it would make things so much easier!

1 Like

Any updates on this feature? Seems really silly to not allow deletion of a project and or apply a template to a project after it has been created. It immediately turns me off of clockify.

@clockify any update on whether this will be a feature? The more we use Clockify the more important this feature becomes! Thanks

Hello All,

Thank you for your continued input and patience. At this time there are no plans in place to implement this feature, as it isn’t on our immediate roadmap due to other priorities.

I understand how useful this feature would be to some users, and I’ve ensured your suggestions are noted and forwarded for future consideration.

Thank you for your feedback. Please continue to share your thoughts and don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions or suggestions you might have.

Have a wonderful day!