AM / PM defaults

Too often I’ll be entering time like 2:00 and it will default to AM. Some quick little logic check could probably guess that I’m not by default working at 2AM. When retroactively entering lots of time entries, this consumes a fair bit of time.

6-11 could default to AM and 12-5 to PM or something like that.

Maybe I’ve missed a setting for this.
Thanks!

Hi @Aaron_Henderson, welcome to Clockify Forum!

Thanks for the suggestion, I noted down your request and I will let you know if we decide to start working on it.

Have a nice day!

I was doing the same thing. It took a few days, and I made a concerted effort to train myself and commit to a habit of entering both AM and PM as needed. I guess you could say, I no longer rely on defaults. I still take a quick glance at the calculated times to see if it makes sense. ~doug

I’m working with the basic Free Time Card Calculator and love it
I would also very much like a default to PM. A simple solution would be to be able to default the second time entry for the day to PM for the whole week with one click. Or when I tab to the AM/PM column to type “p” for PM. As it is, I need to to select a on-the-half-hour entry then back-tab to correct the time for something like 3:39 PM.
I like your calculator and being able to print the name and extra notes if needed! Keep up the good work!!

Hi @DouglasEPowell and @Mr_H, thanks for the feedback!

I added two votes for this feature and will let you know if we decide to start working on it.

Have a nice day!

I like this idea as well. Although I must say I’ve gotten used to using military time for my afternoon entries. Clockify converts it to the correct 12h format with pm