Advanced Filter / Search Options

Hi there. Love Clocky. However, AFAIK, there is no advanced filtering / searching syntax to filter for all codes starting or ending with a certain string. E.g. filter for Proj* or *GM.

Likewise, I have not found a way to exclude (filter out, -* ) certain codes from a list.

We precede all project codes with a certain string to denote whether they are Proj, Prop, Admin or R&D codes, etc. We also end codes with a string for user or department initials to denote ownership.

Is a “simple” advanced filter syntax supported, or in the development list? And will it be available in the non-enterprise versions?

Hi, Guemar! Can you please tell us more about what are you trying to achieve? Where are you searching/filtering?

If you are doing this on reports or time tracker page you should be able to enter a string and to get all the projects that contain that string no matter if it’s on the beginning, end, or in the middle of the project’s name. Just start typing and projects will filter automatically.

Hi Marina, thanks for replying.

Searching/filtering in eg project codes. As I said, I’d like to filter for all codes starting or ending with a certain string. E.g. filter for Proj* or *GM and get those results ONLY , not all codes that contain proj or gm.

Likewise the option to filter out codes that contain a certain string. Plus to refine a list, ie apply a 2nd filter to the results of the first filtration. Thought my initial post was pretty clear?

Thanks for the explanation, Guemar! Currently, there are no plans to change the way search works, but I see what you mean and we appreciate your suggestion.