Ability to Track Time WITHOUT Start/End Times

I might need to add a manual time entry in the timesheet, for even using the time tracker, but there isn’t necessarily a specific time range associated with that time entry, nor do I want there to be. For example, I knew that I spent 22 minutes of time for a client…was not in front of my computer…just making misc calls for the client, etc. Based on my text and phone logs, I want to now enter 22 minutes for said client into Clockify™. Clockify can of course take that :22 minute entry, but it shows the start time at 9:00am when I enter the time into the timesheet. I do NOT always want a time range.

I agree this is really needed. Especially for us lawyers, if we work on a memo throughout the day and want to log 2.5 hour entry, I just want to be able to enter a single entry for 2.5 hours with the specific narrative. But I don’t want Clockify to log that as if the time I spent was all done in a single chunk at some specific time, for example between noon and 2:30 in the afternoon, because the calendar view would be misleading. I also don’t want have to start and stop a timer every time I work another 20 minutes on the memo. That would be cumbersome. Is there any progress on this issue? If not, I highly recommend you make this a high priority update because that is how most lawyers , use time entry systems and that is what most lawyers are custom to so without your potentially losing out on an important client base. Many of us don’t feel comfortable with a calendar view that would be misleading because of the ethics of our profession, requiring honesty and accuracy.

1 Like

Most of my clients are attorneys and my partner is a paralegal so I know exactly where you are coming from. In my business (IT consulting) as well, this type of time tracking is needed. Not sure why they can’t easily implement this feature. I looked at Toggle®, same problem. Also, they should provide a field for non-billable time. For example, add an entry for 2:45 hours and add :15 as non-billable. Maybe I want to credit this customer because not all of my time was productive, or I am giving them a courtesy credit. Either way, I want this non-billable time to show up on the report because the client appreciates the “discount”. The bottom line is that I am going in another direction and will have to unfortunately abandon Clockify.

1 Like

Hi @canyoncs,

Please note that you have the option to create time entries and mark them as non-billable if needed, so, for example, you can create a time entry of 2:45 and make it billable, then create a 15-minute time entry for the same project/client and mark it as non-billable. When you generate a report for that project/client all 3 hours will show up unless you filter only billable hours in the report.
As for the requirement of start time, it is the current design of the app, however, with the Basic paid plan, you can customize your reports so that the exported report only shows the total duration and hide start and end time.

Hopefully, that helps a bit.

Cheers!