BUG : Wrong total hours during reporting for first day of month activities

Hello,
We just noticed a weird bug. I live in Kuala Lumpur and my brother lives in London so we have 7 hours difference right now. When i enter my time tracker to first day of month, i can see my reports clearly without any issue. When my brother reports it for billing, my first day of month activity is shifted to last day of previous month during report. So number of hours does not match for my monthly report and his monthly report.
Did anyone notice this bug ?
This is impacting our billing process.

Hi Bilen.
All hours will be always shown by that particular user’s timezone. If you want to see your brother’s hours like he sees them, and vice versa, you’ll need to set that particular timezone within your profile settings.
We apologize for this inconvenience.
If you need any additional help, please reach out at support@clockify.me and we will do our best to help. :slight_smile:

Hi Stefan,
In this case a team lead where he need to extract report for billing will have difficulty on report right? He need to set everyones timezone for their report. Should not it work based on timetracker entry ? lets say you have 5 colleagues around the world and everyone input their activity to April. Also they input to 1st may. Once you extract April billing hours, it looks more than the entry :smiley: actually billing become a mess.
I understand you design system like that but it is strange how crowded teams who has members around the world handling their reports before billing.

I agree with you on that Bilen, and we are currently working on creating a better solution for those scenarios you had mentioned. :slight_smile:
We will find one hopefully as soon as possible, however as for now that is unfortunately how the timezones work in Clockify.
I really apologize for this inconvenience as I understand why it affects you. :frowning:

great! thanks Stefan!
I think for now we will agree with everyone to set their timezone to London. This will be a workaround.
Thank you.

You’re welcome Bilen. Feel free to reach out whenever you need any help. :slight_smile: